[openstack-dev] [nova] Server Groups - remove VM from group?

Joe Cropper cropper.joe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 22:46:35 UTC 2014

Hmm, not sure I follow the concern, Russell.  How is that any different from putting a VM into the group when it’s booted as is done today?  This simply defers the ‘group insertion time’ to some time after initial the VM’s been spawned, so I’m not sure this creates anymore race conditions than what’s already there [1].

[1] Sure, the to-be-added VM could be in the midst of a migration or something, but that would be pretty simple to check make sure its task state is None or some such.

- Joe