[openstack-dev] [nova] expected behaviour of _report_state() on rabbitmq failover

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Wed Sep 10 20:33:32 UTC 2014

On 09/10/2014 02:13 PM, Chris Friesen wrote:

> As it stands, it seems that waiting for the RPC call to time out blocks _report_state() from running again in report_interval seconds, which delays the service update until the RPC timeout period expires.

Just noticed something...

In the case of _report_state(), does it really make sense to wait 60
seconds for RPC timeout when we're going to send a new service update in
10 seconds anyway?

More generally, the RPC timeout on the service_update() call should be
less than or equal to service.report_interval for the service.

Chris