[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Licensing issue with using JSHint in build

Solly Ross sross at redhat.com
Wed Sep 10 17:16:52 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

?? This sentence doesn't make much sense.  I meant to say that
Douglas Crockford was overzealous (which he is, IMO).

> > The license is as such:
> > https://github.com/jshint/jshint/blob/master/LICENSE
>
> Ahem. https://github.com/jshint/jshint/blob/master/src/jshint.js#L19

Fair enough.  I stand corrected.  I didn't catch that.
The general license, however, is as stated.

> > You are thinking of JSLint, which is written by Douglas Crockford.
>
> JSHint is a derivative project of JSLint. Sorry to burst your
> bubble.

To be fair, it's been undergoing *major* revisions lately, making it resemble
JSHint less and less in terms of what it checks for.  Having used it in the
past, functionality wise it's very different.  While it maintains some backwards
compatibility, it has added in new checks, doesn't complain about nearly the number
of things that JSLint complains about (for good reasons).