[openstack-dev] On an API proxy from baremetal to ironic

Solly Ross sross at redhat.com
Tue Sep 9 21:43:35 UTC 2014

With my admittedly limited knowledge of the whole Ironic process, the question seems to me to be: "If we don't implement a proxy, which people are going to have a serious problem?"

Do we have an data on which users/operators are making use of the baremetal API in any extensive fashion?  If nobody's using it, or the people using it aren't using in an
extensive fashion, I think we don't need to make a proxy for it.  Strengthening this
argument is the fact that we would only be proxying the first two calls, so it wouldn't
be a drop-in replacement anyway.

Best Regards,
Solly Ross