[openstack-dev] [Designate][Horizon][Tempest][DevStack] Supporting code for incubated projects

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Sep 9 13:23:13 UTC 2014

Mac Innes, Kiall wrote:
> While requesting a openstack/designate-dashboard project from the TC/Infra
> – The topic of why Designate panels, as an incubated project, can’t
> be merged into openstack/horizon was raised.
>
> In the openstack/governance review[1], Russell asked:
>
>>     Hm, I think we should discuss this with the horizon team, then. We are
>>     telling projects that incubation is a key time for integrating with
>>     other
>>     projects. I would expect merging horizon integration into horizon itself
>>     to be a part of that.

We are actually telling projects that they should work on their Horizon
panels while in incubation, and use their first "integrated" cycle (once
they graduate, before their first release), to get their panels into
Horizon mainline code.

That's what Sahara did over this cycle (they had a dashboard, they got
it merged in Horizon during juno, in time for final Juno release).

Now it's not a perfect setup: it put a lot of stress between Sahara and
Horizon teams -- it was essential for Sahara to get it merged, while no
horizon-core really signed up to review it. It took a bit of
cross-project coordination to get it in in time... I expect the same to
happen again.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)