[openstack-dev] [Fuel] master access control - future work

Lukasz Oles loles at mirantis.com
Tue Sep 9 09:50:06 UTC 2014

Dear Fuelers,

I have some ideas and questions to share regarding Fuel Master access
control.

During 5,1 cycle we made some non optimal decision which we have to fix.
The following blueprint describes required changes:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/access-control-master-node-improvments

The next step to improve security is to introduce secure connection using
HTTPS, it is described here:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/fuel-ssl-endpoints

And now, there is question about next stages from original blueprint:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/access-control-master-node

For example, from stage 3:
- Node agent authorization, which will increase security. Currently, any
one can change node data.
What do you think do we need it now?

Please read and comment first two blueprints.

--
Łukasz Oleś