[openstack-dev] Error creating instances in DevStack

Sharan Kumar M sharan.monikantan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:40:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am trying to setup my own OpenStack cloud for development. I installed
DevStack on a VM and the installation is fine. I am able to log in via
Horizon. I followed these steps to create an instance via Horizon.
http://isurues.wordpress.com/tag/devstack/. However, when I launch an
instance, I get the following error.

Failed to launch instance "nova": Please try again later [Error: No valid
host was found. ]

I checked if the libvirt_type=qemu in nova.conf. Also the package
nova-compute-qemu is installed. I am using Ubuntu 14.04.

Can someone identify why this problem occurs and how to solve it? What are
the possible causes for this problem?

Thanks,
Sharan Kumar M