[openstack-dev] doubling our core review bandwidth

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Mon Sep 8 16:13:46 UTC 2014

> tl;dr I think we should drop our 'needs 2x+2 to land' rule and instead
> use 'needs 1x+2'. We can ease up a large chunk of pressure on our
> review bottleneck, with the only significant negative being that core
> reviewers may see less of the code going into the system - but they
> can always read more to stay in shape if thats an issue :)

I'm going to make a tangential but somewhat related suggestion.  Instead
of reducing the number of +2s required, what would happen if we gave our
more trusted but non-core reviewers the ability to +2, but leave +A in
the hands of the existing cores?  That way, their reviews can be counted
by the core reviewers.  With this change in policy, you still need two
+2s, but you have more people that can +2, and you only need one of our
limited number of cores to review.
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>
Rackspace