[openstack-dev] [Neutron] - reading router external IPs

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 09:41:21 UTC 2014

Hello,

The code allowing external IPs to be set and read on external router
interfaces was not merged.[1] As I understand it, feature freeze exceptions
are already oversubscribed. I don't think setting IPs was critical for
anyone; however, not being able to read them is a blocker for VPNaaS.[2]
Tenants have no way to discover the IP address of their VPN server (the
router) via the Neutron API.

If I created a new patch with just the read-only component as a bug fix for
1255142, is this something that would be accepted?

1. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/83664/
2. https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1255142

--
Kevin Benton