[openstack-dev] Mirror changes

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri Sep 5 20:40:46 UTC 2014

Hey all!

A few of quick notes about PyPI mirrors and the gate.

Firstly - today we just rolled out per-cloud-region mirrors. Hopefully
this eliminate issues we have from time to time with connections to PyPI
timing out. We have a selector script running on node creation, so nodes
in, say, Rackspace DFW, will be configured to hit the DFW mirror.

Second - we've removed the old partial mirror. It's been deprecated for
a while now. This was http://pypi.openstack.org/openstack. If you start
having 404 errors trying to get to that URL, it's on purpose. :)

Finally - we may remove pypi.openstack.org/simple as well, since we now
have per-region mirrors and as PyPI itself has a CDN, so we shouldn't
need to be in the business of hosting general purpose mirrors for
people. If anyone is MASSIVELY opposed to that for some reason, please
let us know.

Thanks!
Monty