[openstack-dev] [Octavia] VM/Container Naming Issue

Doug Wiegley dougw at a10networks.com
Fri Sep 5 19:33:45 UTC 2014

Hi Jorge,

That was totally my bad.  Since we had lukewarm to *no* consensus on the
original list, I had a late inspiration to see if people liked the idea of
using a Roman container name, given our project has a Roman name.
Everyone on IRC was in favor, though that could’ve also just been grasping
at any alternative.

Of the original list, in which people could vote for as many as they
wanted, the final runoff was between items receiving a score of ZERO or
-1.  Not exactly a mandate.

That said, the second runner-up was “appliance”, and I’m not that strongly
for amphora (or amp for short.)  The only thing I’m strongly for is
putting this to bed and writing some code.  If folks want another vote
over the weekend, that’s fine; just holler in IRC.

Thanks,
Doug