[openstack-dev] [Zaqar] Comments on the concerns arose during the TC meeting

Gordon Sim gsim at redhat.com
Fri Sep 5 12:08:30 UTC 2014

On 09/04/2014 09:44 PM, Kurt Griffiths wrote:
> Does a Qpid/Rabbit/Kafka provisioning service make sense? Probably.

I think something like that would be valuable, especially in conjunction
with some application layer proxying and mapping between 'virtual'
addresses/endpoints and specific queues/virtual hosts/brokers.

That would allow people to use the brokers, protocols and semantics they
are already familiar with, combine different systems even, and have
self-provisioning and scalability on top of it, with varying degrees of
isolation for tenants.

> Would
> such a service totally overlap in terms of use-cases with Zaqar? Community
> feedback suggests otherwise.

I'd love to read the feedback if you have any links. While I agree
overlap is rarely total, I suspect there will be quite a bit and that it
will grow as each approach evolves. That emphatically does not mean I
think Zaqar should in any way be held back though, just that I think the
openstack community should anticipate and indeed encourage other
approaches also.