[openstack-dev] [Zaqar] Comments on the concerns arose during the TC meeting

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Sep 5 11:33:05 UTC 2014

On 09/05/2014 05:27 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> [...]

(This is definitely drifting, sorry to the zaqar team for that)

Honestly, I really think the TC needs to get out of the gold star
granting business for the larger ecosystem. It's going to be hard enough
to keep focus and attention on a small nucleus, and I think that has to
be the primary responsibility of the group.

When I say big ecosystem, I mean *big*. I think the goal is 100s of
production ready projects in the ecosystem. All solving interesting
problems, all adding value to the whole.

I think realistically a self certification process that would have
artifacts in a discoverable place. I was thinking something along the
lines of a baseball card interface with a short description of the
project, a list of the requirements to deploy (native and python), a
link the the API docs, a link to current test coverage, as well as some
statement on the frequency of testing, stats on open bugs and current
trending and review backlog, current user testimonials. Basically the
kind of first stage analysis that a deployer would do before pushing
this out to their users.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague