[openstack-dev] [Heat][Docker] How to Dockerize your applications with OpenStack Heat in simple steps

Marouen Mechtri mechtri.marwen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 10:08:25 UTC 2014

Hi Balaji,

Regarding my experience with OpenStack and docker, I deployed docker
containers using Heat orchestrator (as described in our manual).
https://github.com/MarouenMechtri/Docker-containers-deployment-with-OpenStack-Heat

You can also use nova to deploy containers but you must configure the
appropriate driver.

For the applications that can be deployed with docker, you can see some
example described on the docker website.
https://docs.docker.com/examples/

In our case we deployed a LAMP application (apache server and mysql
database).

Reagrds,
Marouen