[openstack-dev] [neutron] Status of Neutron at Juno-3

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Thu Sep 4 13:09:20 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo
<mangelajo at redhat.com> wrote:

> I didn't know that we could ask for FFE, so I'd like to ask (if
> yet in time) for:
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/agent-child-processes-status
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/neutron+branch:master+topic:bp/agent-child-processes-status,n,z
>
> To get the ProcessMonitor implemented in the l3_agent and dhcp_agent at least.
>
> I believe the work is ready (I need to check the radvd respawn in the l3 agent).
> The ProcessMonitor class is already merged.

The two remaining patches for this BP are about 65 and 200 LOC, so
this is a relatively small change. In addition, since the initial
patches merged in Juno-3, adding the code to monitor and restart the
agents in the next two patches makes some sense. I'll add this to the
list of BPs to discuss with ttx tomorrow.

Thanks,
Kyle