[openstack-dev] [Nova][FFE] Feature freeze exception for virt-driver-numa-placement

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Sep 4 12:31:14 UTC 2014

On 09/04/2014 07:58 AM, Nikola Đipanov wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I am requesting the exception for the feature from the subject (find
> specs at [1] and outstanding changes at [2]).
>
> Some reasons why we may want to grant it:
>
> First of all all patches have been approved in time and just lost the
> gate race.
>
> Rejecting it makes little sense really, as it has been commented on by a
> good chunk of the core team, most of the invasive stuff (db migrations
> for example) has already merged, and the few parts that may seem
> contentious have either been discussed and agreed upon [3], or can
> easily be addressed in subsequent bug fixes.
>
> It would be very beneficial to merge it so that we actually get real
> testing on the feature ASAP (scheduling features are not tested in the
> gate so we need to rely on downstream/3rd party/user testing for those).

This statement bugs me. It seems kind of backwards to say we should
merge a thing that we don't have a good upstream test plan on and put it
in a release so that the testing will happen only in the downstream case.

Anyway, not enough to -1 it, but enough to at least say something.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net