[openstack-dev] [Nova][FFE] Feature freeze exception for virt-driver-numa-placement

Nikola Đipanov ndipanov at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 11:58:58 UTC 2014

Hi team,

I am requesting the exception for the feature from the subject (find
specs at [1] and outstanding changes at [2]).

Some reasons why we may want to grant it:

First of all all patches have been approved in time and just lost the
gate race.

Rejecting it makes little sense really, as it has been commented on by a
good chunk of the core team, most of the invasive stuff (db migrations
for example) has already merged, and the few parts that may seem
contentious have either been discussed and agreed upon [3], or can
easily be addressed in subsequent bug fixes.

It would be very beneficial to merge it so that we actually get real
testing on the feature ASAP (scheduling features are not tested in the
gate so we need to rely on downstream/3rd party/user testing for those).

Thanks,

Nikola

[1]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova-specs/tree/specs/juno/virt-driver-numa-placement.rst