[openstack-dev] Treating notifications as a contract

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Sep 3 15:43:14 UTC 2014

On Sep 3, 2014, at 9:50 AM, Sandy Walsh <sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM> wrote:

> Is there anything slated for the Paris summit around this?
>
> I just spent nearly a week parsing Nova notifications and the pain of no schema has overtaken me.
>
> We're chatting with IBM about CADF and getting down to specifics on their applicability to notifications. Once I get StackTach.v3 into production I'm keen to get started on revisiting the notification format and olso.messaging support for notifications.
>
> Perhaps a hangout for those keenly interested in doing something about this?

Julien did start some work on it a while back, but it was shelved for other more pressing things at the time.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/oslo.messaging/+spec/notification-structured
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Oslo/blueprints/notification-structured

It would be good to start building up a set of requirements in anticipation of a cross-project or Oslo session at the summit.

Doug