[openstack-dev] Rally scenario Issue

Ajay Kalambur (akalambu) akalambu at cisco.com
Wed Sep 3 15:07:48 UTC 2014

The reason this is failing is you are specifying a fixed network and at the same time asking for a new network to be created using context. What happens is the VM gets attached to your fixed network instead of the created Rally network
So you need to modify vm_tasks.py for this case and basically if not fixed and using floating ip just skip the network check and the fixed ip code and just directly use floating ip to access.
I think some changes are needed to vm_tasks.py to make it work for both fixed and floating and support for network context

If you need a local change I can pass along a local change for vm_tasks.py that only support floating ip. Let me know do you have floating ips available ?
Ajay