[openstack-dev] [glance][feature freeze exception] Proposal for using Launcher/ProcessLauncher for launching services

Kuvaja, Erno kuvaja at hp.com
Wed Sep 3 13:53:40 UTC 2014

In principle I like the idea and concept, a lot. In practice I don't think glance code is ready in a state that we could say SIGHUP reloads our configs. Even more my concern is that based on the behavior seen some config options gets picked up and some does not.

As long as we do not have definite list documented what options gets updated on the fly and what is the actual behavior at the point when new config is picked up (lets say we have some locks in place and locking folder gets updated, what happens?) I don't think we should be taking this functionality in. Even the current behavior is fundamentally broken, at least it's broken in a way that it is consistent and the behavior is known.

-          Erno (jokke_) Kuvaja

kuvaja at hp.com