[openstack-dev] znc as a service (was Re: [nova] Is the BP approval process broken?)

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 13:35:57 UTC 2014

Le 03/09/2014 14:38, Kuvaja, Erno a écrit :
> Another well working option that can be easily used:
> 1) get a Linux system with internet connection (local box, VM in a cloud, whatever floats your boat)
> 2) install irssi and screen
> 3) run irssi in a screen
>
> Now you can login (local console, ssh, telnet, mosh .... again pick your preferred) into that linux system attach to the screen and you have your IRC client online all the time even you're not.
>
> - Erno (jokke_) Kuvaja

Well, there is no need to ssh to Irssi, you can just use Irssi Proxy and
make use of Pidgin or Xchat for it.

Re: ZNC as a service, I think it's OK provided the implementation is
open-sourced with openstack-infra repo group, as for Gerrit, Zuul and
others.
The only problem I can see is how to provide IRC credentials to this, as
I don't want to share my creds up to the service.

-Sylvain