[openstack-dev] [oslo] [infra] Alpha wheels for Python 3.x

Yuriy Taraday yorik.sar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 18:30:29 UTC 2014

Hello.

Currently for alpha releases of oslo libraries we generate either universal
or Python 2.x-only wheels. This presents a problem: we can't adopt alpha
releases in projects where Python 3.x is supported and verified in the
gate. I've ran into this in change request [1] generated after
global-requirements change [2]. There we have oslotest library that can't
be built as a universal wheel because of different requirements (mox vs
mox3 as I understand is the main difference). Because of that py33 job in
[1] failed and we can't bump oslotest version in requirements.

I propose to change infra scripts that generate and upload wheels to create
py3 wheels as well as py2 wheels for projects that support Python 3.x (we
can use setup.cfg classifiers to find that out) but don't support universal
wheels. What do you think about that?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/117940
[2] https://review.openstack.org/115643

--