[openstack-dev] [nova] refactoring of resize/migrate

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Mon Sep 1 15:13:12 UTC 2014

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/conductor/manager.py#L470

> That has proved hard to finish, probably because was the wrong
> approach. Turns out there isn't much in common.
>
> I did also plan on updating the user API, but kinda decided to wait
> for v3 to get sorted, probably incorrectly.
>
> The main pain with the work is the lack of live-migrate testing in the
> gate, waiting for the multi-node gate work. Its starting to rot in
> there because people are scared of change in there, etc.
>
> Helping fix some live-migrate bugs, and helping out with live-migrate
> testing, might be a good firsts steps? But depends how you like to
> work really.
>
> Anyways, happy to see that area get some more love!
>
> John

The unit tests and bugs are a good start, I agree. By end of this
week I will start a 2 week vacation but after that I will start
working in this area. I have a few years of experience in refactoring
tangled code. Let's see what I can do here :)
Let's keep in touch.