[openstack-dev] [neutron][TripleO] Clear all flows when ovs agent start? why and how avoid?

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Fri Oct 31 14:28:22 UTC 2014

On 10/29/2014 10:17 AM, Kyle Mestery wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 7:25 AM, Hly <henry4hly at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Sent from my iPad

>>> I hit the same issue last week and filed a bug here:
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1383674
>>>
>>> From an operators perspective this is VERY annoying since you also cannot push any config changes that requires/triggers a restart of the agent.
>>> e.g. something simple like changing a log setting becomes a hassle.
>>> I would prefer the default behaviour to be to not clear the flows or at the least an config option to disable it.
>>>

>> +1, we also suffered from this even when a very little patch is done
>>
> I'd really like to get some input from the tripleo folks, because they
> were the ones who filed the original bug here and were hit by the
> agent NOT reprogramming flows on agent restart. It does seem fairly
> obvious that adding an option around this would be a good way forward,
> however.

Since nobody else has commented, I'll put in my two cents (though I
might be overcharging you ;-).  I've also added the TripleO tag to the
subject, although with Summit coming up I don't know if that will help.

Anyway, if the bug you're referring to is the one I think, then our
issue was just with the flows not existing.  I don't think we care
whether they get reprogrammed on agent restart or not as long as they
somehow come into existence at some point.

It's possible I'm wrong about that, and probably the best person to talk
to would be Robert Collins since I think he's the one who actually
tracked down the problem in the first place.

-Ben