[openstack-dev] [All] Finalizing cross-project design summit track

Joe Gordon joe.gordon0 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 15:53:54 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 4:01 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
wrote:

> Jay Pipes wrote:

> >> The "gate debugging" session is most likely going to be dropped at this
> >> point.  I don't see a big problem with moving the refstack one to that
> >> slot (the first time).
> >>
> >> Anyone else have a strong opinion on this?
> >
> > Sounds good to me.
>
> Sounds good.

With the "gate debugging" session being  dropped due to being the wrong
format to be productive, we now need a new session. After looking over the
etherpad of proposed cross project sessions I think there is one glaring
omission: the SDK. In the "Kilo Cycle Goals Exercise" thread [0] having a
real SDK was one of the top answers. Many folks had great responses that
clearly explained the issues end users are having [1].  As for who could
lead a session like this I have two ideas: Monty Taylor, who had one of the
most colorful explanations to why this is so critical, or Dean Troyer, one
of the few people actually working on this right now. I think it would be
embarrassing if we had no cross project session on SDKs, since there
appears to be a consensus that the making life easier for the end user is a
high priority.

The current catch is, the free slot is now at 15:40, so it would compete
with 'How to Tackle Technical Debt in Kilo,' a session which I expect to be
very popular with the same people who would be interested in attending a
SDK session.

[0]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-September/044766.html
[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/6cWQG9oNsr