[openstack-dev] [nova] pci pass through turing complete config options?

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Tue Oct 28 13:40:21 UTC 2014

> If we really need that level of arbitrary complexity and future name
> values we should then just:
>
> pci_passthrough_cfg = /etc/nova/pci_pass.yaml

I hate to have to introduce a new thing like that, but I also think that
JSON-encoded config variable strings are a nightmare. They lead to bugs
like this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1383345

So I'd rather see something that is a little easier to manage. Also,
moving things like this out to a separate file makes it easy to
generate/update that file automatically, which is probably a useful
thing for something like PCI.

--Dan