[openstack-dev] [Infra][all] Synchronizing local Git and Gerrit repositories

Ondrej Wisniewski ondrej.wisniewski at dektech.com.au
Mon Oct 27 11:24:28 UTC 2014

Hi Riccardo

thanks for pointers you provided. I had a look at the Gerrit replication
feature and the description says:
"/Gerrit can automatically push any changes it makes to its managed Git
repositories to another system./"

What I need would be exactly the opposite. I need to update the Gerrit
managed Git repository with the upstream community Git repository.
How would I go about that?

What I tried was defining the community repository as remote origin and
then do "git remote update". This updates the remote references but
doesn't update the local branches.

Thanks, Ondrej