[openstack-dev] [neutron] vm can not transport large file under neutron ml2 + linux bridge + vxlan

Li Tianqing jazeltq at 163.com
Mon Oct 27 02:46:44 UTC 2014

Thanks, it helps a lot. But i want to know, why the mtu discovery can not find the appropriate mtu to send?

In http://www.chriscowley.me.uk/blog/2014/03/31/openstack-neutron-performance-problems/, it says that
 "Everything matches, however I was using GRE tunnels, which add a header to each frame. This was pushing them over 1500 on entry to br-tun causing massive network fragmentation, which basically destroyed Openvswitch every time I performed a large transfer. It showed up when deploying an image, because that is hitting the Glance API over http."

Dose it means that the pmtu is not work?