[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS][Octavia] Octavia's API becoming spun out LBaaS

Brandon Logan brandon.logan at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Oct 27 00:35:48 UTC 2014

Good questions Doug.  My answers are as follows:

1. Yes
2. Some time after Kilo (same as I don't know when)
3. The main reason a spin out makes sense from Neutron is that the scope
for Neutron is too large for the attention advances services needs from
the Neutron Core.  If all of advanced services spins out, I see that
repeating itself within an advanced services project.  More and more
"advanced services" will get added in and the scope will become too
large.  There would definitely be benefits to it though, but I think we
would end up being right where we are today.
4. I brought this up now so that we can decide whether we want to
discuss it at the advanced services spin out session.  I don't see the
harm in opinions being discussed before the summit, during the summit,
and more thoroughly after the summit.

Yes the brunt of the time will not be spent on the API, but since it
seemed like an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone, I figured
it warranted a discussion.

Thanks,
Brandon