[openstack-dev] [heat][ceilometer]: scale up/ down based on number of instances in a group

Daniel Comnea comnea.dani at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 06:58:28 UTC 2014

HI all,

Unfortunately i couldn't find any resource - blueprint/ document/ examples/
presentations about my below use case, hence the question i'm raising now
(if this is not the best place to ask, please let me know).

Having a group of 5 instances, i'd like to always maintain a minimum of 2
instances by using the HEAT autoscaling feature and Ceilometer?

I've seen the Wordpress autoscalling examples based on cpu_util metric but
my use case is more on the number of instances.

Cheers,
Dani