[openstack-dev] [tempest] [devstack] Generic scripts for Tempest configuration

Rochelle.RochelleGrober rochelle.grober at huawei.com
Sat Oct 25 00:49:54 UTC 2014

Hi, Timur.

Check out [1].   Boris Pavlovic has been working towards what you want for more than a full release cycle.  There are still major issues to be conquered, but having something that gets us part of the way there and can identify what can’t be determined so that the humans have only a subset to work out would be a great first step.

There are also other reviews out there that need to come together to really make this work.  And projects that would be the better for it (Refstack and Rally).  These are [2] allowing Tempest tests to run as non-admin, [3] making Tempest pluggable, [4] refactoring the client manager to be more flexible.

I think some others may have merged already.  The  bottom line is to refactor tempest such that there is a test server with the necessary tools and components to make it work, and a tempest lib such that writing tests can benefit from common procedures.

Enjoy the reading.

--Rocky

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/94473/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/86967/