[openstack-dev] [Infra][all] Synchronizing local Git and Gerrit repositories

Ondrej Wisniewski ondrej.wisniewski at dektech.com.au
Fri Oct 24 16:25:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am trying to set up an OpenStack development workflow in our company.
We have an internal Git repository mirror of all OpenStack projects we
are working on. It is periodically updated from the upstream OpenStack
community servers. This is used to share the code among developers.

Furthermore I have set up a Gerrit server for the internal code review.
The Gerrit server also works with repository mirrors of the community
repositories which should be updated periodically. Or at least that's
the idea. I ran into lots of problems and couldn't find a good way of
synchronizing the developer mirrors with the Gerrit repositories.

So to cut a long story short, here are my questions:
How is the synchronization of the OpenStack community Git repositories
and the Gerrit server done?
How can I import an OpenStack project into my Gerrit system from my
local Git mirror and keep both synchronized (at least the master branch) ?

I would be really appreciate if someone could shed some light on this.
Thanks, Ondrej