[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] [qa] [oslo] Declarative HTTP Tests

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 10:27:50 UTC 2014

I've proposed a spec to Ceilometer

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/129669/

for a suite of declarative HTTP tests that would be runnable both in
gate check jobs and in local dev environments.

There's been some discussion that this may be generally applicable
and could be best served by a generic tool. My original assertion
was "let's make something work and then see if people like it" but I
thought I also better check with the larger world:

* Is this a good idea?

* Do other projects have similar ideas in progress?

* Is this concept something for which a generic tool should be
   created _prior_ to implementation in an individual project?

* Is there prior art? What's a good format?

Thanks.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent