[openstack-dev] move deallocate port from after hypervisor driver does detach interface when doing detach_interface

Eli Qiao taget at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Oct 22 07:57:54 UTC 2014

hi all.
when I am reviewing code of in nova/compute/manager.py
I find that the detach_interface calls deallocate port from neutron first
then calls detach_interface in the hypervisor, then what will happen if
hypervisor detach_interface failed? the result is the port can be seen
on guest but removed from neutron, this seems inconsistent.

I submit a patch [1] to propose remove port from neutron side after
hypervisor
detach_interface successfully, and keep neutron port if catch exception when
detach_interface then give a log message.

can some one kindly help to take a look at it and give some comments?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130151/

Eli (Li Yong) Qiao