[openstack-dev] [nova] Pulling nova/virt/hardware.py into nova/objects/

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Tue Oct 21 20:51:22 UTC 2014

> The rationale behind two parallel data model hiercharies is that the
> format the virt drivers report data in, is not likely to be exactly
> the same as the format that the resoure tracker / scheduler wishes to
> use in the database.

Yeah, and in cases where we know where that line is, it makes sense to
use the lighter-weight modeling for sure.

> FWIW, my patch series is logically split up into two parts. THe first
> 10 or so patches are just thought of as general cleanup and useful to
> Nova regardless of what we decide todo. The second 10 or so patches
> are where the objects start appearing & getting used & the controversial
> bits needing mor detailed discussion.

Right, so after some discussion I think we should go ahead and merge the
bottom of this set (all of them are now acked I think) and continue the
discussion on the top half where the modeling is introduced.

Thanks!

--Dan