[openstack-dev] [Summit] Coordination between OpenStack & lower layer virt stack (libvirt, QEMU/KVM)

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Oct 21 11:07:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 12:58:48PM +0200, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> I was discussing $subject on #openstack-nova, Nikola Dipanov suggested
> it's worthwhile to bring this up on the list.
>
> I was looking at
>
>     http://kilodesignsummit.sched.org/
>
> and noticed there's no specific session (correct me if I'm wrong) that's
> targeted at coordination between OpenStack <-> libvirt <-> QEMU/KVM.

At previous summits, Nova has given each virt driver a dedicated session
in its track. Those sessions have pretty much just been a walkthrough of
the various features each virt team was planning.

We always have far more topics to discuss than we have time available,
and for this summit we want to change direction to maximise the value
extracted from face-to-face meetings.

As such any session which is just duplicating stuff that could easily be
dealt with over email or irc is being cut, to make room for topics where
we really need to have the f2f discussions. So the virt driver general
sessions from previous summits are not likely to be on the schedule this
time around.

Regards,
Daniel