[openstack-dev] [Ironic] disambiguating the term "discovery"

Sam Betts (sambetts) sambetts at cisco.com
Tue Oct 21 09:27:48 UTC 2014

I agree with Devananda's definition of Œhardware discovery¹ and other
tools similar to Ironic use the term discovery in this way, however I have
found that these other tools often bundle the gathering of the system
properties together with the discovery of the hardware as a single step
from a user perspective. I also agree that in Ironic there needs to be a
separate term for that (at least from a dev perspective) and I think
Lucas¹s suggestion of Œhardware interrogation¹ or something like Œhardware
inventory¹ would be more explanatory at first glance than Œintrospection¹.

- Sam