[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Removing nova-bm support within os-cloud-config

Steve Kowalik steven at wedontsleep.org
Tue Oct 21 03:00:24 UTC 2014

With the move to removing nova-baremetal, I'm concerned that portions
of os-cloud-config will break once python-novaclient has released with
the bits of the nova-baremetal gone -- import errors, and such like.

I'm also concerned about backward compatibility -- in that we can't
really remove the functionality, because it will break that
compatibility. A further concern is that because nova-baremetal is no
longer checked in CI, code paths may bitrot.

Should we pony up and remove support for talking to nova-baremetal in
os-cloud-config? Or any other suggestions?

--
                                        Steve
If it (dieting) was like a real time strategy game, I'd have loaded a