[openstack-dev] [Ironic][Ceilometer] Proposed Change to Sensor meter naming in Ceilometer

Jim Mankovich jmank at hp.com
Mon Oct 20 18:24:40 UTC 2014

Chris,
Use case point well taken :-)

I'll  propose something via a spec to ceilometer for sensor naming which
will
include the ability to support the new health sensor information.

 From a use case perspective, I want to provide the health of every
platform
so an administrator can be notified when a platforms health drops below
100%.
I also want to provide an administrator the ability to investigate exactly
what components in the platform are not working correctly if health is
reported at less than 100%.

With the current sensor information, the use case I was interested in
was the
graphical display of individual platform sensor information.

Do you happen to know what some of the use cases are for the current
reporting
of sensor information?

Thanks,
Jim