[openstack-dev] [all] add cyclomatic complexity check to pep8 target

Ian Cordasco ian.cordasco at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Oct 17 15:51:58 UTC 2014

I would also advise pinning the version of mccabe we’re using. Mccabe was
originally a proof-of-concept script that Ned Batchelder wrote and which
Tarek Ziade vendored into Flake8. After we split it out in v2 of Flake8,
we’ve found several (somewhat serious) reporting problems with the tool.
Currently the package owner on PyPI hasn’t granted me permissions to
release a new version of the package, but we have several fixes in the
repository: https://github.com/flintwork/mccabe. The changes are somewhat
drastic but they should reduce the average function/method’s complexity by
1 or 2 points. I’m going to bother Florent again to give me permission to
release the package since it has been far too long since a release has
been cut.

For what it’s worth, Florent doesn’t pay close attention to GitHub
notifications so chiming in (or creating) issues on mccabe to release a
new version will only spam *me*. So please don’t pile on to anything
existing or create a new one.

Cheers,
Ian