[openstack-dev] What's Up Doc? Oct 15 2014

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Oct 15 20:40:51 UTC 2014

Docs are as ready as possible for the release tomorrow! The Install Guides
and Configuration Reference are the "released" titles. We have removed the
grizzly docs and added juno docs. For a few weeks while the packages become
finalized, the Juno Install Guides will be identical to "trunk" Install
Guides.

Many thanks to all the collaborators who made this release happen. Here are
the highlights for the docs in this release. Let me know if I missed
anything! Training team, Security team, feel free to add your highlights to
the Documentation section of the Release notes on the wiki.

   - This release, the OpenStack Foundation funded a five-day book sprint
   to write the new OpenStack Architecture Design Guide
   <http://docs.openstack.org/arch-design/content/arch-guide-how-this-book-is-organized.html>.
   It offers architectures for general purpose, compute-focused,
   storage-focused, network-focused, multi-site, hybrid, massively scalable,
   and specialized clouds.
   - The High Availability Guide
   <http://docs.openstack.org/high-availability-guide/content/index.html> now
   has a separate review team and has moved into a separate repository.
   - The Security Guide <http://docs.openstack.org/security-guide/content/> now
   has a specialized review team and has moved into a separate repository.
   - The long-form API reference documents have been re-purposed to focus
   on the API Complete Reference
   <http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref.html>.
   - The User Guide now contains Database Service for OpenStack information.
   - The Command-Line Reference has been updated with new client releases
   and now contains additional chapters for the common OpenStack client, the
   trove-manage client, and the Data processing client (sahara).
   - The OpenStack Cloud Administrator Guide
   <http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/> now contains
   information about Telemetry (ceilometer).

This past week I got graphical mockups from web designer for
docs.openstack.org and am iterating on them with the Foundation team.

I don't have much more to report -- go work on release notes if you haven't
already! https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes/Juno

Thanks,
Anne