[openstack-dev] Get keystone auth token via Horizon URL

Manickam, Kanagaraj kanagaraj.manickam at hp.com
Wed Oct 15 06:30:07 UTC 2014

From Horizon, you won’t be able to do keystone way of authentication.

From: Ed Lima [mailto:ed at stackerz.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:30 AM
To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
Subject: [openstack-dev] Get keystone auth token via Horizon URL

I'm on the very early stages of developing an app for android to manage openstack services and would like to get the user credentials/tokens on keystone to get data and execute commands via the horizon URL. I'm using IceHouse on Ubuntu 14.04.

In my particular use case I have keystone running on my internal server "http://localhost:5000/v3/auth/tokens" which would allow me to use my app fine with JSON to get information from other services and execute commands however I'd have to be on the same network as my server for it to work.

On the other hand I have my horizon URL published externally on the internet at the address "https://openstack.domain.com/horizon" which is available from anywhere and gives me access to my OpenStack services fine via browser on a desktop. I'd like to do the same on android, would it be possible? Is there a way for my app to send JSON requests to horizon at https://openstack.domain.com/horizon and get the authentication tokens from keystone indirectly?

I should mention I'm not a very experienced developer and any help would be amazing! Thanks