[openstack-dev] 2 Minute tokens

Preston L. Bannister preston at bannister.us
Mon Oct 13 22:21:14 UTC 2014

Too-short token expiration times are one of my concerns, in my current
exercise.

Working on a replacement for Nova backup. Basically creating backups jobs,
writing the jobs into a queue, with a background worker that reads jobs
from the queue. Tokens could expire while the jobs are in the queue (not
too likely). Tokens could expire during the execution of a backup (while
can be very long running, in some cases).

Had not run into mention of "trusts" before. Is the intent to cover this
sort of use-case?

(Pulled up what I could find on "trusts". Need to chew on this a bit, as it
is not immediately clear if this fits.)