[openstack-dev] [all][oslo] projects still using obsolete oslo modules

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Oct 13 13:20:38 UTC 2014

I’ve put together a little script to generate a report of the projects using modules that used to be in the oslo-incubator but that have moved to libraries [1]. These modules have been deleted, and now only exist in the stable/juno branch of the incubator. We do not anticipate back-porting fixes except for serious security concerns, so it is important to update all projects to use the libraries where the modules now live.

Liaisons, please look through the list below and file bugs against your project for any changes needed to move to the new libraries and start working on the updates. We need to prioritize this work for early in Kilo to ensure that your projects do not fall further out of step. K-1 is the ideal target, with K-2 as an absolute latest date. I anticipate having several more libraries by the time the K-2 milestone arrives.

Most of the porting work involves adding dependencies and updating import statements, but check the documentation for each library for any special guidance. Also, because the incubator is updated to use our released libraries, you may end up having to port to several libraries *and* sync a copy of any remaining incubator dependencies that have not graduated all in a single patch in order to have a working copy. I suggest giving your review teams a heads-up about what to expect to avoid -2 for the scope of the patch.

Doug

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/127039/

openstack-dev/heat-cfnclient: exception
openstack-dev/heat-cfnclient: gettextutils
openstack-dev/heat-cfnclient: importutils
openstack-dev/heat-cfnclient: jsonutils
openstack-dev/heat-cfnclient: timeutils

openstack/ceilometer: gettextutils
openstack/ceilometer: log_handler

openstack/python-troveclient: strutils

openstack/melange: exception
openstack/melange: extensions
openstack/melange: utils
openstack/melange: wsgi
openstack/melange: setup

openstack/tuskar: config.generator
openstack/tuskar: db
openstack/tuskar: db.sqlalchemy
openstack/tuskar: excutils
openstack/tuskar: gettextutils
openstack/tuskar: importutils
openstack/tuskar: jsonutils
openstack/tuskar: strutils
openstack/tuskar: timeutils

openstack/sahara-dashboard: importutils

openstack/barbican: gettextutils
openstack/barbican: jsonutils
openstack/barbican: timeutils
openstack/barbican: importutils

openstack/kite: db
openstack/kite: db.sqlalchemy
openstack/kite: jsonutils
openstack/kite: timeutils

openstack/python-ironicclient: gettextutils
openstack/python-ironicclient: importutils
openstack/python-ironicclient: strutils

openstack/python-melangeclient: setup

openstack/neutron: excutils
openstack/neutron: gettextutils
openstack/neutron: importutils
openstack/neutron: jsonutils
openstack/neutron: middleware.base
openstack/neutron: middleware.catch_errors
openstack/neutron: middleware.correlation_id
openstack/neutron: middleware.debug
openstack/neutron: middleware.request_id
openstack/neutron: middleware.sizelimit
openstack/neutron: network_utils
openstack/neutron: strutils
openstack/neutron: timeutils

openstack/tempest: importlib

openstack/manila: excutils
openstack/manila: gettextutils
openstack/manila: importutils
openstack/manila: jsonutils
openstack/manila: network_utils
openstack/manila: strutils
openstack/manila: timeutils

openstack/keystone: gettextutils

openstack/python-glanceclient: importutils
openstack/python-glanceclient: network_utils
openstack/python-glanceclient: strutils

openstack/python-keystoneclient: jsonutils
openstack/python-keystoneclient: strutils
openstack/python-keystoneclient: timeutils

openstack/zaqar: config.generator
openstack/zaqar: excutils
openstack/zaqar: gettextutils
openstack/zaqar: importutils
openstack/zaqar: jsonutils
openstack/zaqar: setup
openstack/zaqar: strutils
openstack/zaqar: timeutils
openstack/zaqar: version

openstack/python-novaclient: gettextutils

openstack/ironic: config.generator
openstack/ironic: gettextutils

openstack/cinder: config.generator
openstack/cinder: excutils
openstack/cinder: gettextutils
openstack/cinder: importutils
openstack/cinder: jsonutils
openstack/cinder: log_handler
openstack/cinder: network_utils
openstack/cinder: strutils
openstack/cinder: timeutils
openstack/cinder: units

openstack/python-manilaclient: gettextutils
openstack/python-manilaclient: importutils
openstack/python-manilaclient: jsonutils
openstack/python-manilaclient: strutils
openstack/python-manilaclient: timeutils

openstack/trove: exception
openstack/trove: excutils
openstack/trove: gettextutils
openstack/trove: importutils
openstack/trove: iniparser
openstack/trove: jsonutils
openstack/trove: network_utils
openstack/trove: notifier
openstack/trove: pastedeploy
openstack/trove: rpc
openstack/trove: strutils
openstack/trove: testutils
openstack/trove: timeutils
openstack/trove: utils
openstack/trove: wsgi

openstack/sahara: config.generator
openstack/sahara: excutils
openstack/sahara: importutils
openstack/sahara: middleware.base
openstack/sahara: strutils
openstack/sahara: wsgi
openstack/sahara: xmlutils

openstack/python-saharaclient: importutils
openstack/python-saharaclient: strutils

openstack/python-tuskarclient: importutils

openstack/nova: gettextutils
openstack/nova: jsonutils

openstack/python-heatclient: importutils
openstack/python-heatclient: gettextutils
openstack/python-heatclient: strutils

openstack/python-neutronclient: gettextutils
openstack/python-neutronclient: jsonutils
openstack/python-neutronclient: strutils
openstack/python-neutronclient: timeutils

openstack/heat: gettextutils
openstack/heat: middleware.base
openstack/heat: middleware.request_id

openstack/os-cloud-config: gettextutils

openstack/gantt: db
openstack/gantt: db.sqlalchemy
openstack/gantt: excutils
openstack/gantt: flakes
openstack/gantt: gettextutils
openstack/gantt: importutils
openstack/gantt: jsonutils
openstack/gantt: log_handler
openstack/gantt: network_utils
openstack/gantt: notifier
openstack/gantt: rootwrap
openstack/gantt: rpc
openstack/gantt: strutils
openstack/gantt: timeutils
openstack/gantt: xmlutils

openstack/designate: fixture.config
openstack/designate: timeutils
openstack/designate: xmlutils

openstack/ironic-python-agent: config.generator
openstack/ironic-python-agent: gettextutils

openstack/python-cinderclient: py3kcompat
openstack/python-cinderclient: strutils

openstack/python-kiteclient: jsonutils
openstack/python-kiteclient: timeutils

openstack/horizon: excutils
openstack/horizon: gettextutils
openstack/horizon: importutils
openstack/horizon: jsonutils
openstack/horizon: strutils
openstack/horizon: timeutils

openstack/glance: gettextutils
openstack/glance: test

openstack/python-zaqarclient: importutils

openstack/pycadf: gettextutils
openstack/pycadf: importutils
openstack/pycadf: jsonutils

openstack-infra/jenkins-job-builder: setup
openstack-infra/jenkins-job-builder: version

openstack-infra/subunit2sql: importlib

openstack-infra/statusbot: setup
openstack-infra/statusbot: version