[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Proposing to disallow updates of IPv6 attributes on subnets

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 02:25:55 UTC 2014

Hi!

Currently, I have IceHouse up and running (Ubuntu 14.04.1) with VLAN
Provider Network + static IPv6.

I created the subnet(s) like this (one for each tenant):

--
neutron net-create --tenant-id $ID --provider:physical_network=physnet1
--provider:network_type=vlan --provider:segmentation_id=200 physnet1-vlan200

neutron subnet-create --ip-version 6 --disable-dhcp --tenant-id $ID
physnet1-vlan200 2001:db8:1::/64 --allocation-pool
start=2001:db8:1::8000,end=2001:db8:1:0:ffff:ffff:ffff:fffe
--

This new BUGs means that, after upgrading to Juno, I'll not be able to
"update / convert" this static network to SLAAC ?!?!

If yes, how can I force the update without breaking the production
environment? Is there a procedure to follow?

I'm not using Neutron L3 Router and I have no plans to use GRE/VXLAN,
neither a radvd controlled by Neutron. My upstream router already have
radvd ready.

Thanks!
Thiago