[openstack-dev] [devstack] Bug 1339982 (DevStack giving br-ex the IP address of PUBLIC_NETWORK_GATEWAY)

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 8 06:15:36 UTC 2014

I think I am suffering from
https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1339982 and am surprised by the
lack of attention it has gotten --- it seems like a pretty basic thing. Am
I missing something here?

As revealed at the turning point of a discussion on the openstack mailing
list (
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack/2014-October/009785.html),
I am trying to use DevStack to install (single node) OpenStack on a lab
machine rather than my laptop --- and finding that DevStack wedges my
host's networking if I set PUBLIC_NETWORK_GATEWAY to the address of an
actual pre-existing external gateway.  Am I and the author of bug 1339982
the only ones doing this?  Why doesn't our CI checking have this problem?

Thanks,
Mike