[openstack-dev] [nova] How does Nova update time for compute nodes?

Chen CH Ji jichenjc at cn.ibm.com
Wed Oct 8 03:28:42 UTC 2014

following are code analysis, only FYI

not sure fully understand the question, but I think
servicegroup/drivers/db.py might be a good place to look at
a timer function _report_state is called periodically ,when its updated,
the field will be updated

class TimestampMixin(object):
    created_at = Column(DateTime, default=lambda: timeutils.utcnow())
    updated_at = Column(DateTime, onupdate=lambda: timeutils.utcnow())

Best Regards!

Kevin (Chen) Ji 纪 晨

Engineer, zVM Development, CSTL
Notes: Chen CH Ji/China/IBM at IBMCN   Internet: jichenjc at cn.ibm.com
Phone: +86-10-82454158
Address: 3/F Ring Building, ZhongGuanCun Software Park, Haidian District,
Beijing 100193, PRC