[openstack-dev] [all][docs][tc] How to scale Documentation

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 05:59:29 UTC 2014

On Mon, 06 Oct 2014 11:24:30 +0200
Julien Danjou <julien at danjou.info> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 05 2014, Joshua Harlow wrote:
>
> I agree. I think we should have documentation be part of our policy to
> accept patches, just as we do with e.g. unit testing.
>
> Forcing people to write documentation along the patch will help
> writing better code, having a better understanding of what the patch
> does for reviewers, etc…

Agreed. And a lot of the confusion we get between what is documented to
happen and what is implemented in the code is due to different people
writing the documentation versus writing the code. And there has been
insufficient information (other than the code) left for people to write
accurate documentation.

For API docs I wonder if we should bringing more of that into the
project tree so we can enforce updating of documentation when the code
gets updated.

Chris