[openstack-dev] [Group-based Policy] Database migration chain

Ivar Lazzaro ivarlazzaro at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 18:09:23 UTC 2014

> I believe Group-based Policy (which this thread is about) will use the
> Neutron
> database configuration for its dependent database.
>
> If Neutron is configured for:
>   connection = mysql://user:pass@locationX:3306/neutron
> then GBP would use:
>   connection = mysql://user:pass@locationX:3306/neutron_gbp

That's correct, that would be the likely approach if we go with the
"different schema" route.

if you can get the “other database” to be accessible from the target
> database via “otherdatabase.sometable”, then you’re in.
> from SQLAlchemy’s perspective, it’s just a name with a dot.   It’s the
> database itself that has to support the foreign key at the scope you are
> shooting for.

I'm experimenting this approach with our code and it seems to be the case. '
I feel that having the constraint of pointing the same database connection
with a different schema is pretty acceptable given how tight is GBP to
Neutron.