[openstack-dev] Dependency freeze exception: django-nose needs to be >= 1.2 for murano-dashboard

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Oct 6 15:00:26 UTC 2014

On 10/06/2014 10:21 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2014-10-06 22:15:26 +0800 (+0800), Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Trying to build murano-dashboard in Wheezy didn't work unless I
>> wrote a backported package of the Sid version. So it's looking
>> like murano-dashboard needs version 2.6 of Jinja2.
> [...]
>
> We've generally not seen StackForge project needs as a valid
> justification for changes to official OpenStack requirements.
> Perhaps this is an indication that murano-dashboard needs to join an
> official program?

Sorry, it's getting late, and I'm overworking ...

The issue here, for murano-dashboard is with django-nose that needs to
be >= 1.2.

Though there's also the need to use jinja >= 2.6, but that's for another
project, and I can't remember which one. When I do, I'll open a new thread.

In both case, this was wired into my Debian packages, but IMO, our
global-requirements.txt got to reflect the reality.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)